Thursday, April 24, 2008
Baby Names
So we are like 5 months away from the baby being born, but hey we understand the importance of a name, in fact the other day I read somewhere that if a boy has a weird first name, he is like 70 percent more likely to end up in a mental hospital. So its important that we choose a semi normal name and one that has a little bit of meaning to it. I thought, "hey let's see what names other people like." So here is a spot where you can add your ideas. Put anything you think is cool, even if its semi weird. My brother Adam said Sandakan, weird, but thats alright, he's on a mission, he doesnt know anything. Haha. But yeah, I'm excited to read your ideas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
hmmm ... i guess i'll defer to elder muffler on this one ... Jackson Sandakan... or, what about "Jackson Action"? haha Dad
Lincoln thinks Laser Wolf (from Fiddler on the Roof) sounds cool.
He thinks Talmadge is a power name. You know, because boys need power names.
how about "jackson andrew" ... kind of like "President Andrew Jackson" .. but backwards. Mom
Ok. . .I agree with your mom I really Like Jackson Andrew, thats cool!!!I know Dylan would agree. well maybe not depending on how he feel about the president. I also really Like Daily too. The only one I DO NOT LIKE is Forest. Come on Christina really??? Think of that name does it not said weird all over it??? Good luck with this most important task. We don't want you to name little muffler something that will send him in to the mental hospital now do we??? No because thats not the PLAN. lol
Okay, after extensive research, I am now able to offer you advice on whether or not to use the name "Jackson Sandakan" .... turns out that Sandakan means "the place that was pawned" .... NOT SO GOOD! But, Sandakan was named "Elopura" for a period of time in the 1800s, and again in 1940's when the Japanese invaded. That is much better, because "Elopura" means "Beautiful City"!! very good compared to "the place that was pawned", don't you think? hahah! You probably now know more about Sandakan that you wanted to know, but, it gives you a basis to accept or reject it! :)
oops....thats really my Dad's research, I didnt mean to plagerize.
I need to provide you with the benefit of some more "extensive research" (from wikipedia) to assist you:
With the first name, you have: Jackson - proper noun - A male given name transferred from the surname.
With the middle name, you are looking at each of these:
1. Daily refers to either "occuring every day" or to a kind of van/truck that was manufactured by Iveco and later Fiat. hmmmm "Jackson truck-muffler"??
2. Hunter: a surname that originated in Ireland and England. Someone who engages in the act of hunting.
3. Forest: a dense collection of trees. Or, any dense collection or amount.
4. Sandakan: the place that was pawned. Elopura would be the better choice than this .. as pointed out in the previous research, it means "Beautiful City"
5. Richard: Comes from the Germanic elements "RIC" (rich) and "HARD" (Strong, Brave) .. so rich, strong, brave.
6. "Other": different, as opposed to the same. I don't recommend "Jackson Other Muffler"
hmmm ... well, there you have it ... now you can make an informed choice.
Dad
Hey!! O my heck! I didnt know you were pregnant! Congrats! Thats so exciting!!
hahaha, your family makes me laugh :) Have you decided on a name yet?
From Elder Muffler:
That's a shame that Andrew and Christina won't name their child Sandakan, but I guess that's not such a great name anyway. I've got a much better suggestion, though. Kinabalu. It' just rolls off the tongue. Kinabalu. That's a nice name: Kinabalu Adam Muffler.
Post a Comment