Not to drink...For a CONCERT! Thursday morning, while Andrew was driving up to Ogden for his Special Ed Law conference, he won tickets to see Emerson Drive on the radio. He has tried ALL summer long to win concert tickets and he finally did. Needless to say, he was super excited. So Friday, we dropped Jack off with Emily and Dylan (I was nervous because he usually cries and cries when we leave him with people). They said he was great though! So that made my heart happy. Anyways, Andrew and I drove up to Ogden to the Outlaw Saloon to see Emerson Drive. Yes the concert was at a bar. It was my first time at a bar, but evidently Andrew has been to a couple of country bars (he would go country dancing). Anyways, we got there at about 7 and they didnt even start the concert until 10! Holy hannah- I am usually asleep by 9:30 so this was really stretching it for me. We decided to stay for about a half hour and then go ahead and head home. I must say though, they were REALLY GOOD! They were very entertaining and sounded just like they do on the radio. We will definitely go see them again sometime (preferable not up in Ogden or in a bar- but hey the tickets were free so cant complain too much). Anyways, here are some pictures from our adventure up there.
Andrew busting a move onthe dance floor. A bunch of people were line dancing. He tried to get me to go up but I do NOT have coordination.
Andrew and I during the concert.

The lead singer.

This is the fiddle player. The whole time he had this goofy smile on his face so Andrew HAD to get a picture of it. He thought it was hilarious.

SATURDAY morning we went up to my grandpas house. We got to see a family of quail. The babies were so tiny. We counted a total of 10 babies then there were 2 males and 1 female. This picture shows 5 of the babies.

I love this picture of Andrew throwing Jackson.

Later on Saturday we went on a "nature walk" with the ward (singles ward) and the other ward that we have been meeting with. It was a hike to Stewart Falls. We hiked to Stewart Falls (we actually didnt hike all the way down to the falls but we did get to see them) and then went and walked down to Bishop Christensen's cottage. (Just a side note, Bishop Christensen is a famous artist. He does lots of church art as well as kind of whimsical art- hes amazing!) His cottage was AWESOME!


No comments:
Post a Comment