Monday, February 6, 2012

Another Update

Holy Moly! Where does the time go. Obviously, I am doing horribly at updating the blog. Probably because Im busy either looking at Jacksons train magazine in which he proceeds to tell me exactly which trains he does and does not have, eating the pretend food that Kenadi makes for me, or sitting with Easton and playing with him. So here's a little update on the kids.

   Jackson is quite the talker. He talks quite a bit and says the funniest things. The other day we were in the toy room and had this conversation
Jackson looks at me and says, "Mom the toy room is messy! You need to clean it all up!" 
I said, "I didnt make the mess. Who did?"
Jacksons: "I did"
Me: "So who should clean it up?"
Jackson thinks for a minute: "Adi!" 
Haha he was convinced that he didnt need to clean it up and that Kenadi should if I wouldn't do it. 
   Jackson Loves to play trains and kung fu. I seriously need to record him doing his kung fu. Its so cute! Heres a conversation he had with Andrew about it:
Jack: "Hey dad! You want to play kung fu with me?"
Andrew: "No O dont know how to."
Jack: "Thats ok. Ill teach. You go like this (proceeds to do his move while saying Hi..ya!!"
   He moved into Sunbeams at the beginning of the year and is LOVING going to the "Big Kids Primary." I was quite nervous because Jackson is pretty shy but he has had no problem at all. Every week his teachers tell us that he is so good in there and he is finally starting to talk to them a little bit. Just yesterday, his teacher told Andrew that Jackson is the best one in the class and so cute! That always makes us feel good! 
   We've made it a goal to read the scriptures every day as a family. So far we are doing awesome. We started doing it at night and then one morning Andrew suggested reading before work. I said that was fine with me so we started that morning. Well, come that night we we're getting the kids ready for bed and Jackson goes and grabs the scriptures and tells us it was time to read. We reminded him that we read in the morning and he said that we needed to read before bed. So now we are reading morning and night with the kids because he LOVES it! Such a good kid!
He was so proud of the tower he made he wanted me to take a picture and send it to Andrew.
All ready for church! The kids are so excited when its a "church day."
Cute Brothers
Playing cars with his great great grandpa. I think the cars were in a big crash.

 Now for Easton. Poor East. I feel like he hasn't had much time on the blog. Let me tell you though, this kid is the best! Seriously, if every baby was like Easton, people would be having tons of kids. He will be 4 months old in 10 days! Where has the time gone. He is such a happy baby! He LOVES to smile and talk to us. He LOVES watching basketball. The other night we were watching a basketball game and Andrew was so frustrated with it. Well, Easton was too because he kept screaming and talking while staring at the tv. It was hilarious.
   He can roll from his back to his belly but hasn't quite made it from belly to back. He started rolling right at about 3 months I think. He has also started scooting! Like legitimately scooting. He digs his knees in and then pushes as hard as he can to go forward. Yesterday he was on his playmat and ended up on the complete opposite side half way off. All from him wiggling his way around.
   He still wakes up at night to eat. Sometimes 1 time usually 2 times. But I cant complain too much since I just feed him, change him, and then wrap him back up and lay him in bed. He goes back to sleep on his own. Its great. He does that for his naps too. As long as I make sure that he isn't overly tired I can just wrap him and lay him down and he'll go to sleep. But I'll be honest, I usually rock him to sleep for naps because he is just such a good cuddler and I LOVE holding him.
   He Loves his brother and sister even though they can be quite overwhelming. Every morning, every time he wakes up, or finishes eating. Basically, anytime that he is awake both Kenadi and Jackson come up to him and get really close and repeatedly say, "Hi Easton!!" He still smiles at them. He loves when they play with him. The other day Jackson was showing him his trains and explaining who they were. East was talking back to him and smiling. Kenadi pretends to make food and always remembers to have Easton try it too. I love that for the most part Jack, Adi and East all get a long so well.
    Easton loves playing with toys. He's gotten to the point where he grabs them and usually just chews on them but you can tell that he already has a few favorites. Easton has been such a great addition to our family.
   Easton does great when we go to church. He usually is awake during most of sacrament meeting. Yesterday, he was jabbering away during the actual sacrament part. But oh well! It was cute to listen to. Then about 15 minutes before it ends he starts getting sleepy. I wrap him up and rock him a little bit and he's asleep and I just put him back in his carseat for his nap. It's so great that I don't even have to leave Sacrament to get him to sleep. Then he usually sleeps all of Sunday school and then a little bit into Priesthood/Relief Society. Yesterday he went to Priesthood with Andrew and slept until about 10 minutes left of class. So Great! He really is such a good kid! Hope it stays that way!
One morning, Easton woke up so I fed him and changed him and laid him down next to me while I contemplated the day, the next thing I realized was he had dozed off right next to me. He proceeded to wake up when his brother and sister jumped on the bed yelling, "Hi Easton!!"
Playing with his toy. He loves this toy!
Still has those dimples!
Ready for church!
    Last but not least, Miss Kenadi. She definitely has a little attitude and has a mentality of her way or the highway. But she is so funny at the same time! She has a great imagination and loves playing with Jackson. Actually right now as Im typing this, the kids are using the pillows from the couch and making a "Big Huge McDonalds" and Kenadi is making the food. (As a side note, why did we buy a couch that has 4 separate Back Cushions??)
   She loves playing with her babies and doll house and pushing her stroller around. She also LOVES bags. She carries a bag around almost all day around the house with different things in it. She loves to put on makeup when Im putting my make up on and gets upset when I dont really open the bottles for her. She thinks she should really get to put it on. Yeah, I dont think so.
   She turns 2 on the 22nd and I just can't believe it! Glad to report that she is super healthy and has had no lasting complications from her diaphragmatic hernia. I always have a bit of a worry that something will happen, but so far she is proving to be as healthy as can be and had none of the bad side effects that the Doctors warned us about.
   She is a smart little girl. In December she decided she wanted to use the potty. So she started telling us when she needed to go even though she had a diaper on. By New Years she was potty trained. She is so good at telling us when she needs to go. Of course she won't use a little potty so we have to help her because she's so little but its so nice to not have her in diapers! It's even nicer how easy it was! We were nervous to send her to church without a pull up on but 2 weeks ago she refused to put one on and was throwing a fit so we decided to just put her in underwear and she was totally fine. So, she is completely out of diapers during the daytime. We have still kept her in them at night, but the past couple of nights she has woken up when she needs to go. It now freaks her out to use her diaper. Definitely not a bad thing. Im just impressed that she isn't even two yet and completely potty trained herself.
   Kenadi loves going to Nursery. She has a great time playing in there and is always so excited when its time for church. Yesterday, I had to go back to church to play for the choir and she was so disappointed that she didn't get to go also.
   I can't forget to remember to say that she loves, and when I say love I mean like LOVES!!! BYU! She gets so excited when she sees something BYU and makes sure to point it out to us repeatedly. When I get her dressed in the morning she almost always asks to wear a BYU shirt. Unfortunately she only has two so she can't wear one every day but Im pretty sure she would if I let her. One day, I had worn an Air Force shirt. She got so excited because she thought it was BYU (it's a blue shirt). I told her it was Air Force and she got really excited about that and then kept saying, "Adi Air Force?" She wanted to wear an Air Force shirt too! Pretty sure she is going to be the one to go with Andrew to all the games! She LOVES watching sports on TV. One night we were watching a BYU basketball game and there was a bad call. Kenadi without missing a beat said, "Oh Man!!" It was hilarious that she was actually paying attention and understood what was happening.
   Kenadi also thinks that she is above the rules. I can tell her No and she will look at me, say "Sorry Mom" and then go back to exactly what I told her not to do. Time out didnt really work for her, so we've had to take her to her bedroom for a time out which she absolutely hates! If I put her in the timeout spot that we use for Jackson (its on the rug by the door) she thinks its a game and just laughs at me. Awesome...Im worried shes going to give us a run for our money when shes older.
   She also loves calling her grandparents. Almost every morning she wants to call Grandpa Gary. Usually its at about 6:00 in the morning his time so we opt to call him a bit later. She's pretty funny though. She'll call say hi and then run off to play. She knows how to use my phone and call people. Which is ok if she ends up calling family but sometimes she starts calling just a random number in my phone. Ive had to be more aware of that.
Her hair is long enough to put into pigtails again.
Ready for church. We actually took this picture to see if she was taller than her cousin Abigale who just turned a year. She is, but only by a couple of inches. And we're pretty sure Abigale outweighs Kenadi.
In her BYU shirt. One of her favorites!
   As for Andrew and I, not much going on. Andrew has stayed busy with work and his calling as scout master. Once again, Andrew did great on his last evaluation at school so thats fantastic! I mostly keep busy trying to keep the house clean and keeping our kids alive during the day. I am the Activity Days leader so that takes me away 2 Thursdays a month. Its a pretty fun calling, although the girls can get rather rambunctious! We are looking forward to this year. It's looking like a lot of good things are heading our way! I'll try to update more than once a month. My real problem is that I forget to download pictures and lets be honest thats all anybody wants to see anyways!

1 comment:

Mrs. Dan Brown said...

Abs does weight more than Kenadi...she was 24.8 at her 1 year well baby check up. She's dropped a pound.