(This was written back in 2010ish)
Not much here. Last Tuesday Kenadi woke up with a nasty cold and it has decided to make a main stay in our home. She is slowly recovering, but the cold decided to go for Jackson and Andrew. (Awesome for me). Pretty sure Kenadi caught it in nursery because we hadn't been anywhere else and pretty sure I can pinpoint the kid who brought it. I am now going to be the strict enforcer of kindly returning any sick kid to their parents and promptly.
I wish I could say that Kenadi is one of those sweet children who despite being sick just wants to be cuddled and loved, but no. Kenadi is a drama queen! Seriously! She may be only 10 months but she thinks she is the princess and should get her way all the time and any little thing will set her off- so needless to say it has been an interesting week with her. In fact, she just ended a 10 minute crying fit with no apparent reason for it starting. The only thing that got her to stop was sitting at the computer- hence why I am blogging about nothing. And so now I sit while she plays with my hair and "tickles" my eyes.
Jackson actually is a pretty good trooper when he is sick. He pretty much goes along with his normal day, although he does want to just lay down more. He is really starting to talk more. Today, when saying our prayers (yes prayers) for lunch, he said "Jesus Christ, Amen." And out of no where said, "Rice" and "grapes." Very exciting. He is finally realizing that it is SO much easier to talk to me then for me to try and guess what he wants. Now I can't remember if I posted about taking him to the Dr about a month ago. Well, if I did then this is repetitive, if not then here ya go. I took him to the Dr to follow up on his speech. His Dr pretty much said, hes a typical boy who doesn't want to talk. He then proceeded to say that he has learned new words in the past 3 months and is continuing to learn and he can understand instructions so he is not worried at all and is pretty sure that by the time he is 3 he will be talking just like everyone else and I don't need to worry. Can I tell you that I love our pediatrician (which is why we still drive down to Provo). So he said that he is only very mildly speech delayed but does not see that he needs intervention and to just keep talking to him. I was very relieved to hear that. Its sometimes hard because you want your kid to be the one who walks, early, talks early, knows their abcs and 123s, but I have to remember that each kid will learn at their own pace. Pretty sure Kenadi will be talking in a matter of months- seriously. She says, ma, dad, and pat (Jackson loves the song from Little Einsteins when they are in the rocket and they say pat pat pat pat, raise your hands etc, so we sing it all the time and she sings along) and shakes her head yes and no to our questions with the proper response.
Okay, well that was really kind of a boring post, but I dont really care. I will however, leave you with a picture. Every night before the kids go to bed we all kneel down to say prayer. Well, Kenadi doesn't always kneel or even sit still during the prayer, we dont expect it from her yet, shes only 10 months. Well, She just happened to be kneeling and so we went and knelt by her to say prayer. We say the prayer and open our eyes to find her sitting very still with her arms folded. So cute!

1 comment:
At first I thought my blogger feed was doing something weird...and then I realized it really was a post from you! YAY!!
Post a Comment