Thursday, July 3, 2008

Baby Update

Well, I forgot to post an update about Jackson in my last one so here goes. Tuesday I had a doctors appointment and my doctor said that everything is going great! I am measuring about 2 weeks ahead which is what happened at the last appointment but she said that I carry him kind of high so that is probably why. She also said that at the last ultrasound (about 2 and a half weeks ago) that he was measuring in the 50% so he is not overly large (thank goodness). We had to have an ultrasound done because they thought there was a calcium deposit on his heart which is a soft marker for down syndrome. So we went to the perinatologist (a specialist in fetal development) and had an ultrasound done. It was pretty cool because the ultrasound was much clearer than a standard one. The ultrasound technician also explained what the different shades of gray are. The doctor also clicked a button and it showed the blood flow in the heart and also in the umbilical cord. It was pretty cool. Anyways, the doctor said that there isn't any mark in his heart and everything else is really good. At that time he was weighing about 1 pound 12 ounces and he still has a round belly (like grandpas- both, haha love ya guys). Well, I would post a cool picture of his profile that we got from this ultrasound, but I have this nasty cold which pretty much prevents me from wanting to do anything (thank you Andrew and Ryan). So another thing to have Andrew do when he has the chance.

1 comment:

KaWheelers said...

For real?! I would love one... I'll have to talk to Ben first actually but yeah, that would be awesome! I'll email Christina (my phone died so I have no one's phone number anymore!) and we can exchange phone numbers again... whatever. Anyways, thanks for the offer!