Disclaimer: no pictures right now cause I am too tired to wait for them to load.
Well, for Christmas this year we got to go to Colorado to see Andrews family. We left on Christmas Eve and the day started out early- like 3:30 am. Its amazing how much longer everything takes when you have a nursing baby. Anyways, Jackson was such a trooper hanging out at the airport and on the plane ride. He slept the whole time on the plane. Amazing what a little turbulence does for him (knocks him right out). We get to Colorado where there is no snow! Happy day for me! I am so sick of snow. Well, that evening I start feeling nauseous (no there is no little Juanita on the way). It gets progressively worse as the night goes on. I try taking some peptobismol tablets and sprite to no avail. I end up going to bed early only to end up being in the bathroom pretty much all night long. Jackson woke up every two hours to eat- of course, of all days for him to not stick to his usual 6 hours of sleep. I had to get Andrew to get him because I had no energy whatsoever, I was pretty much dragging myself to the bathroom. Anyways, by about 6:00 the worst of it had passed. I was able to keep down some apple juice and water. Thank goodness! I needed something in my body- I was shaking and so thirsty by this point. Christmas day I was no longer heading to the bathroom but I still didnt feel great. Regardless we had a lot of fun. We started out by opening presents! Andrew bought me a pea coat! So exciting. The night before Christmas Eve I got to open my other present- a pair of Ugg Boots! So CUTE! Anyways, after presents we just relaxed and hung out. I loved it. We watched Emma, My Story. I love that movie. Later that day Andrew's aunt, uncle, their foster son Christopher and his grandma came over. Andrew's mom made a super wonderful dinner! Unfortunately my stomach still was a little unsettled so I didnt get to eat very much at all. That made me sad cause it all smelled SO good! The next day we went to the base and went to the store (I know for navy bases its the NEX, I cant think of what it is on that base). We ended up buying a little stroller for Jackson. That way when I was in the airports later that day it would be easier for me.
We go to Denver airport for Jack and I to leave to Medford. I was sad to leave but knew it would be good to be at Nicoles wedding. So out of 95 gates, my gate was 87! Holy hannah it was so far away. I go on the train get to the B concourse get out and walk to the very very VERY end of it, then I have to go down an elevator and then walk and walk some more. I finally made it. Needless to say I was feeling pretty tired. Well, once I sit down waiting to board Jackson gets hungry (of course). I pull out a bottle and all at once feel some wetness. I look down, oh the bottle top wasnt screwed on tightly and now Jackson and I are covered in milk. SUCK! So I proceed to start changing him when the airport lady calls my name to assign me my seat. I rush to finish changing him and get my seat assignment. Luckily we boarded about 5 minutes later and a very nice man helped me put the carseat and stroller onto the cart for the oversized carry on. So the flight to Medford was a small one- like 15 rows or so. In the first four rows there was one baby per row. Luckily Jackson again was good- he ate as we took off and then slept the rest of the way. Other babies were not so good. The one right behind us started screaming and crying as we took off. The parents sat there arguing about what they should do to make her stop. I was so glad to have a sleeping baby. We get to Medford and it is the slowest airport in the world. Seriously! I find my mom and Ryan and Ryan of course takes off with Jackson (Ryan likes him more than me I think) while my mom and I wait for my luggage. Talk about taking forever. It took like 30 minutes for it to come. I have no idea why it took so long. I mean Salt Lake, Denver they can get the luggage all out by the time you get to the pickup place. Anyways, that night my parents finished getting things ready for the wedding and reception the next day and I headed home. I was exhausted. It was so great to see my family! No offense to the rest of them but I was really excited to see Bobbie- it had been about a year since I had seen her. So we slept on the sleeper sofa together and she helped me at night with Jackson. It was so great!
The next day was Nicoles wedding. I do my moms hair and makeup as well as Bobbies. I love doing other peoples hair and makeup- wish that would translate to myself. Anyways, Shannon was working on Nicoles hair and it just wasn't working for her. So I step in and finish it off and I must say it turned out really beautiful. So because I got everyone else ready I am rushing to just get a shower in. Luckily Shannon was willing to straighten my hair for me while I pumped so Jackson would have a bottle while I am at the sealing andI did my make up in the car. (It so reminded me of Bobbies wedding cause the same thing happened. i ended up getting ready in about 10 minutes and doing my ahir and makeup in the car). Anyways, we had bought covers for the dresses because my garments would show. Well a little more than my garments were showing up top but I didnt have time before getting to the temple to figure out a solution. My mo and grandma saved the day and were able to pin the dress to the little jacket to provide a little more coverage. Needless to say it would be an ongoing battle throughout the day. The sealing was wonderful and Nicole looked beautiful. Afterwards we rushed to finish the last minute details at the reception. Everythign turned out great but by the end I think we were all releaved to have it done with. Sunday, Ryan woke up sick. Later that day my dad was sick and later my mom and Shannon ended up sick. They all blamed me for getting them sick. Yeah I probably added to it but the stomach flu was already lingering over there. I left on Monday. It was bitter sweet to go. I was so ready to be back with Andrew but I always hate leaving. One more airport story. So I go to Medford airport and get my tickets (I had a transfer in Portland). Well the ticket didnt have a gate number. So I just figure when I get to Portland Ill find a board and see my flight on there no big deal. Well we get to Portland and I have about an hour before my next flight. I look at the board and cant find my flight anywhere on it. I go to look for an airport person to see if they can figure it out and seriously there was no one to be found. So I basically start aimlessly walking. I figure I will go to the concourse that Delta is in since that is who I was flying with. I get there and it is like a desert! Seriously there was no one. I started just praying that I would find my gate or at least a gate that had people at it so I could ask them. Well, my prayer worked cause the first gate that I come to is my gate! Hallelujah my flight did exist! Boy was I relieved. I go to the coutner get my boarding pass and then go and change Jackson. Well, when I get back the ticket counter lady comes up to me and asks if it would be easier if Jack stayed in his seat. I said it would. She said okay because they have extra seats on the flight. She was so great and was such a heaven sent. I was so exhausted by this point that any little extra help went a long way for me. She had me board as one of the first people and even took the stroller for me to the check in place. It was great! Jack and I sat in the very front which means we got off first. Once again he just slept on the flight and was so great. I was so relieved to get back home though. That is way to much flying for one person during the holidays. Dont think Ill do that anytime soon.
There is our Christmas vacation wrap up. Ill post pictures when Im not running on like 3 hours of sleep.
1 comment:
Ok...so total random side note...so I was checking out your blog...and I was like what happened to my screen???!!! I thought that random smudge mark was on my screen instead of it being part of your background. So I'm trying to scratch it off with my nail...I eventually figured it out.
Post a Comment