Also, we moved him into a toddler bed. We had set his toddler bed up about a month ago but just decided to finally make the switch. The first two nights we gently put him to bed. One of us stayed in there with him until he fell asleep. On the third night, I was too tired and figured maybe it would be better if we werent in there because we never stay in his roomwhen he is going to sleep. We put the baby gate up in his doorway so we could keep his door open and still be able to hear him, put him in his bed and let him be. Sure he cried, he usually cries when we put him to bed (I think he thinks we are partying out here, little does he know we are in bed too!), but he only cried for about 10 minutes and then was fast asleep in his little bed. The next day I decided that I would try using it for naps. We werent quite sure how he would handle taking a nap in his bed, but he actually did great. He stayed in it most of the time. It was quite funny though. I went back to his room a couple of times to tell him to get back into bed because he was playing with his toys. Well, he was being quite but I heard a kind of clicking/knocking sound. I thought maybe he was playing with teh blinds so I peeked my head around the corner and what did I see? Oh he was playing with one of his toys IN his bed. Smarty pants! He knew he was supposed to be in bed but I didnt say anything about not having toys in bed also. I wish I had had my camera because his face was priceless. When he saw that I was looking he looked over at me and gave me the hugest grin. It was like he was saying, "Hey, you didnt tell me I couldnt bring toys in so dont get mad at me!" That definitely gave me a laugh. I went in and told him that it was time to sleep and put his toy away, and sure he got a little mad but a couple minutes later he was out. We packed up the pack n play last night so it is now all about the toddler bed.
We started potty training yesterday as well. Yesterday went pretty well. He had gone poop and pee in his little potty and had only had two accidents! Well, until Andrew came home. I dont know what happened but after Andrew came home Jack didnt want to sit on the potty and became afraid of peeing again. Yes, he gets afraid of peeing. But this morning he was back to being better and wanting to sit on the potty so thats good and he remembers the sign for "potty" so that is good as well. We had to take him to the doctor for his 15 month check up so our schedule has been a little off, but we will start back up working on it right after his nap. I am hoping I can get him daytime trained before Kenadi gets here. Not only will that save money in diapers but also me changing diapers (probably my least favorite parent duty).
Oh, I almost forgot, I need to give his stats from his doctors appointment. His doctor said that he is doing wonderful and that since he is growing so well he doesnt need to come back until 24 months! Wahoo! Anyways, here they are:
Weight: 23 lbs- 29%
Length: 31 inches- 47.96%
Head Circumfrence: 19 inches- 80%
So, he still isnt a very big kid, but thats alright. He is definitely growing! There arent a lot of pictures for today, but I do have two from just right now. I had put him in his room so he could take a nap. He wasnt very happy about it and just wanted to play but he is super tired. Well, he decided he didnt want to sleep in bed so he is sleeping on the floor. I actually think it is because of the super soft blue body pillow. Maybe I should try putting that on his bed.
2 comments:
How cute....and way impressed with the potty thing.
Wow! Potty training and toddler bed at fifteen months? My little girl is fifteen months and she is still not even close to talking. I'm very impressed.
Post a Comment