Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Blogging Slacker!

I know, I know, I am such a slacker when it comes to our blog lately. You would think with 2 kids there would be oodles and oodles of things to share. Well, we are fairly boring people and this is what has been keeping me from the blog:
Cleaning
Cooking

Laundry, lots and lots of LAUNDRY!

Oh yeah, can't forget this:

Not much has been going on with us. Our days are pretty routine, get up way too early, eat breakfast, showers, get ready, kids play while I clean, naps and pray that they (mostly meaning Jackson) wakes up happy and not crying from that nap, play some more, vacuum, probably fold laundry in between all of these things, Andrew gets home, I cook dinner, clean up dinner, vacuum again (Im pretty sure that the people below us must think Im crazy vacuuming twice a day! What can I say, I LOVE to vacuum, especially with my mothers day present:
couple hours of hanging out, then bedtime. Start all over in the morning. Such an exciting life we lead. Haha! No its great (most of the time).
Jackson is getting so big! He is acting more and more like a little boy and is starting to try and speak more. Today's word was "blow." He also is quite the little helper around the house. If he sees something on the floor he picks it up and throws it away. He ADORES Kenadi, sometimes a little too much! If she is sitting in her swing he will go over and try to help her swing higher. She of course starts smiling and thinks its great which in turn just makes him want to do it more. Yeah, I dont like that so much! He also shares his books with her (right now his books are one of his favorite things), his cars and his balls. I definitely got lucky that they love eachother. Rarely does Kenadi cry when Jack does something to her.
Kenadi is growing like a weed! I swear she gains like a pound a day. Okay not really a pound, but she sure is growing. She usually sleeps from 8 pm- 5am. If she does wake up sometime before 5am I usually just give her her binky and shes back to sleep. Not bad for an almost 3 month old. She is laughing! Shes actually been laughing for a couple of weeks but let me tell you it is the cutest thing. I will try and figure out how to put the audio clip up of her laughing sometime.
Andrew is getting excited for school to end! Only 3 weeks? Okay Im not really sure I just know its not very much longer. His last day of school is June 9th. Wahoo! We are looking forward to some vacations this summer. He will be teaching summer school but that is only for 6 weeks, 3 days a week, 3 hours a day. Yeah, rough job!
As for me, you just read pretty much what Ive been up to. Actually I have also picked up a new hobby. Felt play food. It is so adorable! These are my first projects. Bowtie pasta and tortelloni! I am making this for Jackson and also for my 5 year old nieces birthday. I plan on making some ravioli, pasta sauce and breadsticks as well that way there is a complete meal. I should probably add in some vegetables but we will see. The next thing I want to make is the sack lunch- a sandwich with all the fixings, potato chips, and a drink. Just google felt food and you will see all the creative things people can do.
Well, its back to reality. Kenadi is crying at me Im sure insisting that she is hungry despite the fact that she just ate an hour ago.

3 comments:

The Neilsen Family said...

You are so creative I love it!! Your kids are so stinkin' cute!

Mrs. Dan Brown said...

I just want to know why you got the vaccuum AFTER I left???

Christina said...

Haha because that's when it went on super sale. Otherwise he wouldn't have bought it. I LOVE it. I wasn't so sure at first but it is amazing! I love that I can vacuum the tile floors and linoleum with it and it gets every last crumb. Love it!