I had a wonderful mother's day with my little family. Andrew was so great and made me breakfast. It would have been breakfast in bed, but I had gotten up before him with Kenadi (little stinker is an EARLY riser! Of course, just as Jack starts sleeping in, ie 7:00) Anyways, Andrew still had meetings he had to go to, but he came home after them to help me get the kids ready for church. It was so nice having an extra set of hands. I still don't quite have a routine down with two kids for the most efficient way to get them both ready to leave but we'll get there. It was so nice to go to church. Even if Kenadi did start crying in the middle of sacrament because she needed to poo and then finally did (funny side note, the guys in front of us turned around when she pooped and kind of gave a look like, "what was that?") Sister Johnson (the 1st counselors wife) sat next to me and thankfully Jackson loves her and will sit and look at his books with her so it is a big help! Sitting with 2 kids can be very challenging. Anyways, it was so nice to be there for all of church. I didn't realize how much it helps rejuvenate me until I haven't been able to go. I went ahead and stayed for all of the meetings and it was great! After church we came home and got to talk to Andrew's parents and grandma Lahoff on the webcam. Then Andrew made a super delicious dinner. Steak, vegetables and steak fries. So tasty! I must add that he even cleaned the kitchen and all dishes after breakfastand dinner. It was so nice to just relax and not do anything (for the most part). We had a wonderful day and it made me appreciate Andrew, Jackson, and Kenadi even more. I need to remember to take time and enjoy the little things the kids do.
This picture is just fromtoday. I laid Jackson down about 5 minutes ago and he grabbed a book toread in bed. I went back to check on him when the dryer buzzed and found him like this. I think its adorable that he is taking books and toys into his bed with him. He is starting to really act like a little boy instead of a baby. Oh, he also learned a new word today, football. He is always willing to learn any word that ends with ball, but any other word and he doesnt care about it. He also has been enjoying the NBA playoffs. We don't watch religiously but when we do turn a game on he isvery eager to point the ball out to us and will sit there watching bas-ba-ball (basketball). Too cute!
4 comments:
You didn't post a picture of your belived vacuum???? I would have!!!
Well I didn't have it yet. I will just for you. Have you talked to Shannon or Dad?
YES!!! Dad...today! I was like....WHYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????
Haha I know! But they have to start somewhere if thats what theyre wanting. Still weird but ya know.
Post a Comment