Both kids take naps at 1:00. Yes, I am an amazing mom and have my kids on a nap schedule. (Actually for sanity's sake we all love a schedule. We kind of go crazy when we don't stick to it) Jackson woke up at about 2:30 crying. He came up the stairs and he cuddled with me on the couch. He fell back asleep within 5 minutes. I laid him down on the couch to finish sleeping (the kid usually takes a 3-4 hour nap so I knew it would be bad news if he stayed awake). Kenadi then woke up. We played a little downstairs on my bed. She then laid in between my legs while I rubbed her head (poor girl is cutting her bottom teeth, I swear these teeth have been trying to make their appearance for like 3 months now, maybe they will finally come through). She started to doze. I put her back bed. That was an hour ago. I have had peace and quiet for like 3 hours now. What a wonderful thing. Unfortunately since Jackson is upstairs I can't get the dishes done (maybe this is a fortunate thing and I can leave them for Andrew, jk).
Not much has been going on in our world. The kids and I stay home pretty much all day, with the exception of a much needed visit to Emily on Monday- boy it stinks living a half hour away from her (I know it could be worse, but when you're used to living like next door, its a rough adjustment). We watch a couple cartoons in the morning (Curious George and Cat in the Hat, and if I'm super lazy then Super Why makes the cut as well). Then it's time to get things done and no more TV. I've really been trying to cut TV out of our days and I really like it. Today has been beautiful outside. So after lunch, we went and played outside. Then naps, and here I am now. Killing time until its time to make dinner and waiting for Andrew to come home. I don't remember if I have put it on here, but he is an assistant basketball coach. He is loving it. Tonight for dinner chicken stir fry with noodles. Delicious! We haven't had this in like forever! Maybe after dinner I will post the recipe on my recipe blog, whatschristinacooking.blogspot.com. Since I haven't made it in forever I have to remember what I do so I can write the recipe down. Most often I just cook by feel, I get that from my mom- its a good quality.
Well, now that I have bored you with information about our day, I guess I'll put pictures up of the kids because I know thats why you read my blog anyways.
| This picture cracks me up. Jackson really wanted to watch a movie while he was eating breakfast. Well, Kenadi wanted to watch too evidently and pulled herself up to stand so she could see it. |
| She loves to sit under this table. No idea why. |
| Jack loves to help feed her. Sometimes she eats better for him than she does for me. |
PS Can I tell you how excited I am that Halloween is over? That means its almost time for the real holidays! YES!
No comments:
Post a Comment