Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Milestone

Last night, we were getting the kids ready for bed. Jackson had gone to the bathroom just a little bit before we put his diaper and pjs on. Well, about 5 minutes passed and Jackson turns to us and tells us he needed to go to the bathroom. Andrew got him all undressed and took his diaper off and Jackson went off to the potty. Sure enough he had to go and better yet, his diaper was dry! I feel like this is a huge breakthrough! He no longer wants to go in his diaper! Wahoo! Not that he wears a diaper very often, only for naps and bedtime but this means we are slowly working our way towards completely diaper free (Im too scared of the messes that could arise when potty training for naps and nighttime so I haven't tackled that yet). Way to go Jack! We are so proud (can I brag and say he is only 27 months old and potty trained! Wahoo for us!)


Okay, now I need to add a kind of funny/stressful story about Jackson. Last Sunday, Andrew and I were speaking in church. (Yeah, the counselor called us the night before Christmas Eve, how nice of him to give us such good notice). Anyways, we always take Jackson to the bathroom right before we leave for church and then he is usually good until nursery. Well, we are sitting in Sacrament meeting singing the hymn for the sacrament. Jackson comes up to me and taps on my leg saying, "Mom, mom mom mom!!!" I tell him that we are getting ready for the sacrament and he needs to be quiet. (He is usually really good about being quiet for the sacrament and will sit and watch it being passed). Anyways, I didn't think anything of it, but was slightly annoyed that he was being so rowdy. Well, not more than a minute later after the prayer is said, Andrew realizes that Jackson peed his pants. He was trying to get my attention because he needed to go to the bathroom poor kid!!! I felt so bad. Well, Andrew rushes out of Sacrament and runs him home to change. He hurried as fast as he could because he knew I was the first speaker but there was a musical number before me. Well, I am sitting there, not knowing that he ran Jackson home to change, sweating bullets wondering when he is coming back because the musical number was almost over and I was supposed to speak and I still had Kenadi. So I weighed my options of taking her up with me, but then I saw the million things that could go wrong with that, then I saw the relief society president a couple of rows in front of us thank goodness! I decided I would see if she would hold Kenadi for me. Thankfully she was more than willing (everybody LOVES Kenadi in our ward and thinks she is the best, probably because Kenadi smiles and waves to them). Just as I hand Kenadi over to the Relief Society president Andrew walks in. Kenadi sat with the RSP just fine and our talks were pretty much the best talks ever lol. But boy that was a stressful situation and I felt so bad for not listening to Jackson!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Dan Brown said...

I'm sure they were the best talks ever...hello...you guys gave them. And how RUDE of me not to ask how it went....sometimes I'm just way too self centered.

Christina said...

Yeah you are SO self centered!! What type of sister are you?? Jeeze Louise!! Lol jk. No don't worry..bigger things have been going on like you having a baby with in 3 weeks!!! Btw of course they were good because we gave them- we are like the best ever!!