1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper! I love wrapping presents it is like the best. Andrew makes fun of me because it was a big deal to pick out our wrapping paper. He kept saying, "Whatever. I dont care. Its whatever you want" I must say, we have adorable paper. It is all coordinating black red and white. Yes black! It sounds so weird but it is really pretty. Ill take a picture when all our presents are under the tree.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. We always had a real one growing up- my parents dont believe in fake trees. Neither did I, but then we got married and Andrew and I decided it wasnt worth spending $40 or whatever on a tree that we wont even get to enjoy on Christmas day. So we bought a $20 fake christmas tree at Walmart but on the stipulation that once we have a place that we will stay for Christmas we get a real one. Since I love the smell of Christmas trees, the past two years Andrew bought a wreath and hung it on the inside of our door so we could still get the Chrstimas tree smell.
3. When do you put up the tree? We dont have a specific time that we put the Christmas tree up. Its usually when we have time. Id like to have it up like the day after Christmas.
4. When do you take the tree down? When we have time. Usually at the new year.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes. Its funny because every year Im afraid I wont like it but then I drink some and remember how much I love it! It makes me think of my dad- he thinks that egg nog is a food group Im pretty sure.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I sure did love my Cabbage Patch doll who had red plastic shoes. I remember taking her outside and helping her "walk" on the brick in our backyard. But then again there was also the Barbie Van. SO COOL! Santa always got me cool presents but those are the ones I will always remember.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Andrew and his brothers and my brother. Everything I want to buy Andrew is like tons of money. His brothers are just plain hard as is my brother. Boys in general are hard, unless they are two months and you buy what you like (meaning Jackson is getting lots of clothes!)
8. Easiest person to buy for? My sisters and our moms. My sisters I can pretty much buy anything related to clothes, makeup, jewelry and it works out great! Our moms are easy too. I can always come up with present ideas for our moms. Sometimes its hard to settle on one idea.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. Is it set up? No. My parents bought us one last year or the year before, I dont have a place to put it. I need more space!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, but I havent sent any out this year. Im thinking Im going to try for New Years cards since Ive been such a slacker.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I dont know. I really cant think of one. I have always received really good presents, or my parents just taught me to be really grateful for whatever I get. I seriously have no memory of a bad Christmas present.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I have so many! Santa Clause, Elf, Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story (my family watches this Christmas day as we open presents, I think its on TNT 24 hours). I have to second what Cynthia said about the Lifetime and ABC Family movies. I love them too! I havent watched any this year though how sad is that? And I even have those channels. I need to keep my eye out.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I find the perfect gift for someone. This could be as early as summer time. But if not then, then no later than the day after Thanksgiving. I have been going shopping day after Thanksgiving since I was like 10, 12- somewhere around there. Id always go with my grandma- good times!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Umm, not that I can remember.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? All the treats! Sugar cookies, Fudge, my dads bread pudding- wait all these things I like to eat year round. Cinnamon rolls- I used to make those every Christmas time for my family. Ham! MMM..Christmas is filled with good food- minus those fruitcakes!
16. Lights on the tree? Of course! White ones. Who doesn't have lights on their tree?
17. Favorite Christmas song? Umm, all of them. Actually my most favorite I think is Carol of the Bells or Oh Holy Night.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Growing up it was always stay at home, but now we always travel. Hopefully that will change next year.
19. Any holiday traditions? Yes, new pjs on Christmas Eve, decorating the tree together, at my parents house we open one present at a time- like only one person can be opening a present at a time and my mom stretches it out forever! Also at my parents they have an open house on Christmas eve and we have yummy sandwiches!! I love that tradition.
20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Donner, Blitzen, Commit Cupid prancer, Vixen, and of Course Rudolph- I think thats them.
21. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One present Christmas eve the rest in the morning (or Christmas evening as sometimes happens at my parents house)
23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Hmm..grumpy people at the stores
24. Favorite ornament theme or color? Right now it is blue and silver- but I kinda want to change it to red and silver, we will see what happens next year. Andrew wants more ornaments instead of just bulbs.
25. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham, cornflake potatoes, salad, broccoli salad, spinach dip (its not Christmas without it) rolls, mmm..its making me hungry!
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? Hmm, materialistic I want slip on shoes- other things I want my husband to have a job during the day. It stinks not having him home at night.
I tag Bobbie, Brittany and Carrie.
3 comments:
How great is your best friend to buy you exactly what you want without even reading this blog post???
Its so true! You did know exactly what I want! Its like you read my mind. I cant wait to wear them either.
Good idea on the wreath inside the house, at least you get a little smell! I forgot, the Hallmark channel has good movies too :) when we're finally moved in you can come over and we can watch christmas movies together (perfect for when the boys are at work too :)
Post a Comment