Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happenings

Well, not to much has happened this past week. Basically I have done lots of laundry, Andrew went to a teacher career fair (turned out very well) and Jackson well he just eats plays and sleeps anyways so nothing changed there.
Yesterday was a teacher career fair at BYU. Andrew went to it and was even offered a job on the spot! How great is that? He should be getting some more job offers after April 1st once the school districts know what positions they have open (that is when the teachers have to say whether or not they are returning). He said that basically every school district he talked to was very interested in him and a couple even said that they want to offer him a job but have to wait. The job offer that he did get was up in Idaho. Idaho=COLD! So we will wait and see what else comes about. We are going up to Portland, Oregon the beginning of April for another teacher fair so we will see what comes about there. We are really excited! Things are looking really good for him getting a job in a place that we would like so thats good!
Jackson started scooting backwards last week or this week. I cant really remember. Anyways, its really funny because he will see a toy that he wants that is in front of him and he starts pushing backwards and gets frustrated because he cant get to his toy. He has definitely mastered going backwards- now just for the forwards part. He also gets into sticky situations when I turn my head for a second. He managed to slide over the bar on his bouncer and get completely underneath it. He got really mad because the wall was there and he couldnt go any further and then ended up hitting his head on the seat. Thats why hes crying in the second picture.

Jackson has also gained enough strength to sit straight up in his bouncer. He has been doing this for awhile but he was sitting up so straight and leaning over teh edge (dont worry I was sitting right there- it was while we were at work) that I had to take pictures. This doesnt even really show how far up he was sitting. He would lean over and grab his toes! I was worried he was going to flip over. I guess we wont be using the bouncer really anymore.
Today Emily- photographer extraordinaire/neighbor/my best friend- took pictures mostly of Jack but some family ones too! They are SO cute but you will have to wait and see! Also, we almost died! Well, we probably wouldnt have died but Mr. Crazy Motorcycle man would have. So heres what happened. We were driving along on State Street in P.G. There is a motorcycle man and he looks like he is on a scooter but as he passes us we realized that he was on a Kawasaki Ninja motorcycle. He was so goofy looking! He was wearing a goofy helmet and had a red water bottle holder around his waist. Well, we're driving along and he speeds on our right hand side cuts in front of us and hten into the left lane. Then he cuts Andrew off so Andrew honks his horn. They guy FLIPS HIM OFF! Seriously! Well this makes Andrew really mad so he speeds up and gets really agressive (I told Andrew that I am going to make him go to a angry driving management class). Anyways, the motorcycle man keeps goes back into teh left lane so Andrew speeds up and is driving next to him. Andrew throws his hand up into the air just to show Mr. Motorcycle man that he is mad. Well, and mind you, there are other cars around, Mr Motorcycle cuts over and seriously we almost hit him!! It was SO SCARY! I was yelling at Andrew to knock it off. I seriously thought we were all going to die. Here is a picture of him. It doesnt show how goofy he really was looking but now you know who to look out for! Oh I almost forgot! Andrew graduates APRIL 24!! YAY! I am so proud of him!

1 comment:

Mrs. Dan Brown said...

Love the background....I would have just hit Mr. Motorcycle man...he deserved it.