Jackson is now 5 months which means he is almost 6 months which means he is half way to being year. I cant believe how fast time flies. Andrew and I have decided he is going to be a little sassy boy (I dont know if you can use the word sassy to describe a boy but I cant think of another word so it will have to do). So Andrew taught Jackson how to take his socks off and Jacks thinks its hilarious. The other day Jackson pulled his sock off and so I looked at him and asked, "Jackson! Did you take your sock off? He tosses his sock, looks at me and starts to laugh." Then yesterday, Andrew was changing his diaper and said, "Jackson, dont roll over." Andrew turns his back and sure enough Jack starts to roll over. Andrew turns around and says, "Jackson, did you roll over?" Jack then rolls back and starts to laugh and cover his face with his hands. Oh that kid. Im pretty sure that we are going to have our hands full once he starts crawling and walking. Which he is getting close to crawling. He lifts himself up with his arms and can get his knees tucked underneath- he just hasnt figured out the coordination of it. Andrew thinks that if he starts crawling around it will make Jack figure out how to do it. His logic behind this is that Jackson gets fussy and wants to stand all the time because he sees us standing.
We have tried giving Jacks rice cereal about 3 weeks ago and he liked it but it didnt sit so well on his stomach (he so has my stomach). Anyways, we will probably try again here pretty soon. Im not in too big of a hurry to rush it because the AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) recommends waiting until 6 months if they are a breastfed baby that way the continue to get the full benefits of that. He does sleep 10 hour increments at night without eating so I think thats good. One night he slept 12 straight hours! That was a glorious night! Last night, he took a late nap at 6:00. He woke up at about 7:00. We played a little bit and then I started feeding him. He got really relaxed and so I could tell he was ready for his bed. Pretty much every night he goes to sleep at about 7:30. I laid him down, he rolled to his side so I couldnt wrap him like I usually do and he was out. He slept until 5:00. It was pretty good. He also is getting better at taking his naps- its still a struggle (he thinks he is missing out on something if he goes to sleep) but there is not as much screaming and crying to go to sleep during the day.
He is so much fun lately! We are so happy to have him (most of the time, just kidding all of the time, just sometimes its hard to remember when he is screaming and you cant figure out why). I need to get video of him laughing because it is so contagious. You hear him laugh and cant help but laugh also.
1 comment:
I can't believe how much older he's looking...and I just saw him a little over two months ago. Enjoy it...they grow so fast and soon will be old enough to go home with friends and have dinner and have a little group of friends at school who run up to each other and then you think...man...they look like little teenagers.
Post a Comment