Saturday, September 20, 2008

Some good but mostly bad news

Well, yesterday I went to the doctor. The good news is that Jackson has stayed head down. The bad news is Im still on bedrest, Im not dilated, effaced, and his head isn't engaged. So for now we just keep on waiting. My blood pressure was acutally pretty good yesterday, 136/90. My doctor said that since my blood pressure is doing alright that I'll just have to keep on bedrest and be monitored closely. So yesterday I had to have more bloodwork done and then a non stress test done. So they drew my blood, no big deal, but about an hour or so later I was talking on the phone with my sister and looked down and I had bled through the gauze that they had left on! Gross!! It must be something with my platelets being low I guess. Andrew was able to go to the hospital with me to go have the non stress test done. Basically you sit in a reclined chair with your feet up and first they do a quick ultrasound checking for the amniotic fluid. Mine measured just fine yesterday and we were able to see that it is a foot by my belly button that always goes poking around. Anyways, after the ultrasound they put on two monitors. One measures the baby's heart rate and the other contractions. Then you just sit and they keep a track of what the babys heart rate is doing. They like to see a good resting heart rate and then to see the heart rate go up when he is moving and then back down. Well, Jackson was super active when we first got there, so for about the first 30 minutes he just kept on moving and moving. They nurse actually kind of laughed and said that he needs to just stay still for a little while. Well, he must have listened because a little bit after that he finally went to sleep and was calm. Anyways, everything looked fine on the non stress test. He is doing totally fine and seeems to be unaffected by the preeclampsia thus far. Anyways, I go back next Tuesday for another nonstress test and then to the doctor on Friday. Hopefully next Friday we will have better news- like that Im dilated to a 3 cause then my doctor would induce me. Oh if only.

3 comments:

Mrs. Dan Brown said...

Just remember to do what I told you ;) and you should have your water break or something happen soon!

Cynthia said...

i'm sure you're so anxious to have jackson already! glad to know everything is going well...thanks for keeping us all posted. (i missed you last week). get feeling better...at least you can lay in bed and do nothing...read, watch t.v., blog surf, oh the life!

Michelle said...

I'm sorry about your bed rest Christina! I'm sorry! I hope blogging and other things can keep you at least sane. Hopefully your baby will come soon!