Thursday, October 2, 2008

More Pictures and a quick perspective from Christina

Well, Andrew is watching Jackson right now and Emily just sent me some more pictures, so I decided it is now my turn to write a post. I am so glad Jackson is here. Actually, the labor and delivery was not so bad at all. I was only in pain pain for about an hour and a half and then I had the epidural. Okay that was pretty painful Ill admit. The doctor kept saying, "keep still, keep very very still" but let me tell you, when he first put that needle in I dont know how anyone can stay still. He actually said after that, "I always tell people to stay still and yet they move!" Anyways, the whole procedure of getting the epidural only took about 10 minutes and after that I was in heaven!! No more pain! At one point though, I could only lay on my right side because of the way Jackson was sitting so the epidural medicine would not get to my left side so it was starting to hurt! Like tears welling up in the eyes kind of hurt, but I talked with the nurses (quick side note, I had the best labor and delivery nurses EVER!!) and I was able to switch over to my left side so that the medicine would get over there. Luckily Jackson tolerated that just fine and so I was able to get that side numb again before I had to start pushing. Let me tell you, that is the strangest yet most wonderful feeling. My nurses told me that most first time moms push for an average of 1 1/2- 2 hours. Holy cow that would be soo tiring! I was tired after the only 30 minutes that I pushed. Anyways, I was so very proud of Andrew! He was there right along side me the whole time. He even watched Jackson coming out! I didnt think he would be able to do that because he usually gets kind of queasy and whatnot, but he just kept saying how cool it was and would show me with his hands how much of Jacksons head was showing. It is such a neat experience to give birth and to have your husband right there along with you! I just cant describe it.
The next three pictures were taken by Emily and they were when Jackson was in the NICU and I was being taken down to the 4th floor- the well baby and mother floor. I dont know if Andrew mentioned about Jackson being in the NICU (I havent read all his posts), but he swallowed Meconium (basically he pooped while in the womb and swallowed it). They decided to take him to the NICU after he wasn't gaining color after I delivered him. They wanted to suction him out some more and give him some fluids. It was sad because I only got to hold him for like a couple of minutes and then he was gone for a couple of hours, but no worries, he is now doing very well!

If you can't tell, its my hand holding his little foot. He is kind of a funny baby. Every once in awhile he will just start to whimper and then cry for no apparent reason. But if you start talking to him and rubbing him, he stops. Cracks us up. He also makes a lot of noises..we think he likes to hear himself. Well, everything is going good. Andrew and Jackson are taking a little nap together right now. We hate to have to send him to the nursery. We sent him for a couple of hours because we were both exhausted! But anyways, we will keep posting pictures as we take them and whatnot. Thanks for everyones well wishes and concerns. Love ya all!

13 comments:

Mrs. Dan Brown said...

So adorable! He is most definalty a grandkid in our family....being ridiculously good looking!

B said...

I'm so glad everything went so well! I can't believe you have a baby!!!! We need to talk! But I will give you some time to rest and hang out with your new family of 3!

Missy said...

Congrats! He is so cute! You two are going to be awesome parents!

Kirsta and Morian said...

congrats Andrew and Christina! glad to hear everything went pretty well there ar the end! isn't it amazing?! i'm already so in love with our little guy I can hardly believe it!

Dave and Camille said...

Congratulations! You both look wonderful :)

Heather Cheney | heatherlikesfood.com said...

He's super cute! Good work, you made him good :) Congrats, this is soo fun!

Tanner Family said...

Way to go Christina! Congrats from the Tanner's. :) Its funny to read your experience because mine was nothing like that! How long were you in labor for?

Tanner Family said...

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Good timing Jackson what a great birthday present.

Jessica said...

He's a cute one!!! I'm glad that everything went well for you and Jackson. Oh, Andrew good job too! I can't wait to meet your new little one in person.

Unknown said...

You did it! YEAH! Congrats. It's so wonderful to have a little baby! I'm so thrilled for you!

I'm glad everything went well, and you got to have a vaginal delivery! That's great. And YEAH for not having to push! That's the best.

Hope you are feeling alright, take care, and get some rest!

Debbie said...

Well is is here and so very cute what a great blessing. we are very happy for you and will come by to see you all in a few days if that is ok. Take care Debbie :)

Michelle said...

Congratulations! I'm glad the day arrived! Jackson is a cute baby! I am so happy for you guys!

Cynthia said...

YAY he's here!!! Loved reading all your posts on the delivery process!! pretty informative for those of us who don't have kids yet!