Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Tell me whats wrong?
Sometimes I just wish Jackson could say, "Mom! Im tired!" or "My gums hurt" or whatever it may be. Last night he went down for bed so easily. I did our normal routine and wrapped him up and laid him down and he fell asleep rather quickly so I thought it was going to be a good night. Two hours later he starts to fuss but then he is able to go back to sleep. Another hour passes and he wakes up screaming and crying bloody murder! I go out there and try to calm him down without picking him up. He calms down and eventually goes back to sleep but it takes a good ten minutes of me (while he is still laying in bed) rubbing his hair and holding his hand and singing to him. Finally I go back to doing whatever I was doing. I fall asleep and wake up to screams of bloody murder again. Now its 11:00. I go out and try to do teh same thing I did earlier to no avail. He was not having it so I had to pick him up. Even after I picked him up he was still crying so what is the deal? I have no clue. I rock him and he finally goes to sleep. I try to lay him down in his bed and he wont have it. I finally give in and decide to just lay him in bed next to me cause I am tired and need to sleep. I figured when Andrew got home from work I would try and put him in his bed. Well I lay him down in his bed just before Andrew gets home and luckily he stays asleep. We slept until about 5ish when he started stirring again. Thankfully Andrew got up and got him. I always wait until he starts crying to get him but Andrew said he was already awake so he figured that he might as well get him. Well, he tried putting him back to sleep but everytime he laid him down he woke up again. Not good. Well, we finally decided that I should nurse him so I do. He goes to sleep and sleeps until 9:30. What was the deal? I think that he may be teething. This morning I could see two little bumps on his lower gums but then when I showed Andrew you couldnt see them so who knows. Hopefully tonight will be a better night because lack of sleep equals a grumpy/emotional Christina- you can just ask Andrew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good luck, that's so frustrating.
I do know sometimes teeth start to poke out, go back in, then make an appearance.
Hopefully it gets better.
That is the pits! I'm sorry!!! I liked using the teething tablets with Kay. Good luck and if you need to get way you are more than welcome to come over and vent. I totally understand about the lack of sleep and being emotional :)
This is Aunt Jenny who always has to go anonymous to get my comments printed,,,,,you both are great parents and learn as you go,, here is my suggestion, Go to drug store or Walmart etc.. and pick up a water bottle. then get one of Christinas tshirts and make sure it has some breastmilk dribbled on it for smell, then fill water bottle with warm water cover with the t-shirt and put close to tummy he will feel the warmth and smell mommy always with him and see if this works.....love you guys
Post a Comment