Well, as you can see from the little baby on the side we are only about 3 weeks away from my due date! That means that I am officially full term and can really have this baby any time. Oh, but there is one problem. He's breech- STILL!!! So I went to the doctor today and it was kind of funny because she was asking me if I had any questions so I mention to her that I think hes breech. She says that she was going to check that today. So I lay down and she goes to listen to his heart and she says, "Well, I can just look at your stomach and tell he's breech!!" She then proceeded to feel my stomach and how he was laying in there and sure enough he is laying exactly as I thought with his head in my right ribs. She says that since he's breech we should try to do what is called an external cephalic version. Basically, a doctor puts their hands on your stomach and tries to turn the baby. Doesn't sound too comfortable but whatever, if it will get him to turn so be it! So next Monday I get to go to Perinatology (again) and see if the doctors can turn him. Evidently, it has to be done in the hospital just in case something goes wrong (umbilical cord gets tangled, placenta breaks, water breaks etc) they can do an emergency c-section right away. Very comforting. Actually, my doctor said that there is only about a 1% chance that something like that would happen, its just one of those better be safe than sorry kind of things. The sad part is that Andrew isn't going to be able to come with me because of student teaching. He can only miss a maximum of two classes without his grade dropping, so we have to save those days for when I am in labor.
Anyways, other than Jackson being breech, everything else is looking good! My dad says that Jackson is being stubborn, just like his parents! Well, yeah, I can see that. I'll post again and let you know how the turning of the baby goes- that should be an interesting story.
4 comments:
Good luck. I hear it hurts.
You'll do great!
Good luck! Let me know how it goes. Our kid is breech right now too (but we have 3 months, not 3 weeks), so I'm interested to see what will happen if she doesn't flip! Don't spare any details :)
So my sister's baby was breech but check this out! Do you remember Megan Thoman? This was what she told my sister to do, and as weird as it sounds it really worked for her. Okay this is what you do... Your knees/legs are going to be on the couch. Your arms are going to be on the floor bet to support your body. It will be like your kneeling but propted in the air with the help of your couch. Then you hold your self as long as you can... 3-5 mins ish. And you just do that ramdomly throughout the day. Call if you have any questions! It's random I know, but it worked for her. Call me!
Your so brave! I would probably tell them just to cut me open. Let me know how it goes!
Post a Comment