Well, last week I woke up to some really bad pain on my right side in my ribs. It was horrible. I ended up having some tests run and it came back that my platelets were low. I went to the doctor last Friday and when they took my blood pressure it was really high. This has happened a couple of times but usually if they take it after I see the doctor its better. Anyways, when I was talking to the doctor she told me that my platelets were low and that combined with the pain and high blood pressure I may have preeclampsia. She had me do some more blood tests and a 24 hour urine collection (so gross! you have to collect all your urine in a jug you keep in your refrigerator for 24 hours...such a pain!). Anyways, today they finally had all the results back and I have preeclampsia. Bummer deal. Here is a description of what preeclampsia is:
"Preeclampsia is a disorder that occurs only during pregnancy and the postpartum period and affects both the mother and the unborn baby. Affecting at least 5-8% of all pregnancies, it is a rapidly progressive condition characterized by high blood pressure and the presence of protein in the urine. Swelling, sudden weight gain, headaches and changes in vision are important symptoms; however, some women with rapidly advancing disease report few symptoms." (thats from preeclampsia.org)
Basically it starts to cause your organs to not function to their fullest- thus causing the drop in platelets and protein in urine. It goes away as soon as you deliver the baby. Anyways, my doctor said that I am now on full bedrest. I can get up to go to the bathroom and to get something to eat. Nice. Im just glad to know that I can have the baby soon so it won't be a SUPER long time on bedrest. I go see her on Friday and we will go over our options and decide what to do then. So everyone should update their blogs because I will have A LOT of free time now. As a side note, I think Jackson may have turned back but I can't tell for sure. I have the best luck with pregnancy (I hope you can sense my sarcasm). Anyways, Ill update again when we know what is going to happen. Hopefully Ill just get to have the baby soon- like this weekend. That would be great.
4 comments:
Christina!! If you need anything, let me know! I'm not working or doing ANYTHING all day, ok? Seriously... let me know!
I'm glad your still optimistic about it all... I laughed when you said that everyone needed to update their blogs to give you something to do! :) Anyways, seriously, give me a call and let me know if there's anything that I can do! Or even just hang out so you're not too bored :)
Awww Christina! That stinks! But at least you're full-term! I got worried when I read about the protein in your urine. I watched one of those mystery diagnosis shows on TLC last night and some lady kept retaining LOTS of fluid in her legs/feet and ended up having TONS of protein in her urine and her kidney was failing and she had to do chemo and all this stuff. SO SCARY! And I just psyched you out for no reason. At least you know what's wrong and that it won't last :) Um, I don't work anymore, so if you want me to come bring you like...a bed pan or something, I will. But I won't empty it. Sorry. :) I hope your labor and delivery goes smoothly though! It'll be worth it!
Ok....so I finished getting your present today and I didn't get you the slippers. I found something else and I won't spoil this one but I saw these and I HAD to get them....I so HAD to get them for you that I HAD to get them for me too! We will be like twins...well atleast the thing that "wears" them will be! I am sending tomorrow! I'm throwing mom's in there too since she'll be at your place I'm sure.
Yay! It's fun finding people's blogs. Sorry about all your pregnancy problems- it sucks huh? :)
At least you have an excuse to sit in bed all day and eat. That sounds pretty good to me right now! Hang in there!
Post a Comment