Monday, September 15, 2008
A Success
Well today I went and had the version done. It really wasn't bad at all. So my best friend Emily came with me because Andrew has student teaching and can't miss class.(He has already missed one day because I had to go in to have the baby monitored because of pain I was having, which we still don't know what it is). Anyways, we get there and they do an ultrasound of the baby. He is growing well! He weighs about 7 lbs 12 oz and has a big head! His head measured at 10 cm!! That is gianormous!! Anyways, after the doctor looked at the ultrasound and everything she said that everything was good and we could try to turn him. So after the ultrasound I went in and had a non-stress test done. Basically they put two monitors on my belly. One measures his heart rate and another contractions. They are looking to make sure that his heart rate increases when he is moving and decreases when he is still. If he is sleeping they use a little "alarm clock" as the nurse called it, to wake him up. Basically it just makes a buzzing noise. They also started an iv, basically just in case I had to have an emergency c-section (which obviously I did not), and gave me a shot of terbutaline (I think thats how it is spelled). The terbutaline relaxes the uterus, but not only the uterus but all smooth muscles in your body which includes your heart. This causes your heart to race- basically it felt like I had had a caffeine shot. It was crazy. They then took me back to the ultrasound room and had me lie down on the table. I was only lying there for about a minute and I started to feel like I was going to pass out. I sat up and evidently as soon as I sat up color started back into my face. The doctor said my lips were white. Once I was feeling better they monitored his heart rate for a moment and then the doctor started pushing on my stomach. Thats all that it really felt like, someone pushing on my stomach. With the first couple of pushes she was able to get him to roll over and down. It was really all pretty quick. It was kind of funny because he must have kicked or something because after the doctor rolled him she said "I know youre angry with me now." So Jackson like! She monitored his heart rate and said that he was doing alright so I then went back to the other room where they did the non stress test to begin with and had another one done. I stayed there for about a half an hour and he was responding just fine so we were able to go. So now he is in the head down position (hopefully he will stay that way), although the doctor did mention that I may not be even able to deliver him because his head is so big so that is something I will have to talk to my doctor about. Oh the saga continues!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You just be grateful he his stuck in there...he can's break anything or run away from you! Soon enough you will be wishing you could just put him back!
ha ha your sisters comment is so funny I don't think I can beat it. Thanks for letting me come with you today it's so fun to feel apart!!! However thanks to andrews big head that he has so kindly passed down Jackson may still have to find a different way out. LOL
Glad all went well, I have seen these done before and the ladies were crying and screaming, maybe they just couldnt tolerate pain, I was glad to hear Jackson turned and is heading south.... Good luck and cant wait until his arrival
Love you guys, AUnt Jenny
so glad everything went well...and that he turned! Yeah!! and you're so lucky you have a friend like emily...i couldn't have done it alone!
Christina, pregnant how exciting. I found your blog page from Paula's blog. I hope all goes will with the delivery and that he is a healthy little boy. Congratulations (a bit late) :)
Love ya
Stacey Fisher
holy cow, his head is so big! :) I've heard that the Wheeler's heads are big too so let me know what happens!! It sounds like everything is going well for you. I'm so excited for you!
I was talking to Ben about the piano... he wants to take a look at it but knowing our GREAT planning skills, we'll probably come by sometime after the baby comes. Oh yeah, remember Siale, Kasa's brother? He comes home on Thursday!
Post a Comment