Thursday, September 23, 2010
Do you ever
look at your life and think how wonderful it is? I do..quite often. Mostly during the quiet times of my day (i.e. noon nap time and late at night when everyone but me is asleep). Now don't get me wrong, there are days (like yesterday when one little girl didn't want to take naps- I won't name names) that it is a long day to get through, but then to see the smiles on my kids faces when dad gets home and they are all playing around together is the best thing in the world. Even when things are a little on the tough side, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I feel so fortunate that I can stay home and play with my kids all day. After one rough day with whining children, I was telling Andrew how Jackson and Kenadi just wanted me to hold them and I had so much to do. He then asked me if I would prefer it if they didn't ever want me. Yeah that was a good reminder that even in the days where I have a million things to do and they just want me to sit and hold them, thats okay. Everything can wait (usually) and I can just sit and hold them. They aren't going to be little forever (and no, I wouldn't want them to stay little forever either).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was totally me last night. I was singing Kimball a good night song, it was his first night in a crib and out of our room. I just started crying. I love those moments. I love when things settle down and you have a minute to realize how perfect life really is.
Post a Comment