Thursday, September 9, 2010

What's mine is Yours

So usually when I post on the blog its about what we're doing or what the kids are up to. Well, today its neither of that. It's just a post about some things I've been thinking about. I've decided that I am going to use our blog to write things that come to mind and what not.
Anyways, today we went for a walk. Yesterday I started walking the morning with the kids. They both love it. Well, Kenadi fell asleep yesterday so I just assume she loved it. Today she stayed awake and played while Jackson listened for all different noises. It was so so windy today. Between the wind blowing right at us and pushing two kids in a double stroller (I figure its about 50 pounds with kids in it) I was feeling it so we didn't walk for as long as I wanted to. So we came home and I decided to do a video. Well, after I finished my video the kids were both ravenous (did I forget to mention that both were up for most of the night, thankfully I have a wonderful husband who dealt with them most of the time, but Jackson slept until 9 and Kenadi fell back asleep at about 8:30 and slept until 10, so we were off to a late start). So I had left my yoga mat on the floor while I quickly prepared something for Jackson to eat. I got his food ready and Kenadi was frantically crying for food. I got her baby food made. Well, since they were both eating at the same time only one could be in the high chair. So I ask Jackson where he wants to sit, and of course its right on my yoga mat. Thats fine with me. We get everybody fed and happy and Jackson brings me his bowl, and I find little noodles all over the mat (he wanted top ramen for lunch today- I didnt fight it). What I realized was that it really didnt bother me. Sure my mat will probably smell like top ramen for awhile but there are worse things in life. After having kids I realize that really what's mine is really theirs. Andrew always laughs because if Jackson won't eat all we have to do is put it on my plate and almost always he will eat. Why is it better if its off of my plate? No clue! One of those mysteries. But really, I don't mind. Its undescribable how one little person can change your life so much. I wouldn't change my two little people for anything in the world (well, maybe at 2 in the morning...nah, they're worth it).

No comments: