Man, I've really been slacking on our blog lately. I do have a good reason though, we have been potty training! Anyone whose potty trained (Bobbie you don't count) knows how time consuming it is. For the first couple of days I didn't even take a shower until Andrew came home because I didn't trust Jackson and didn't want to clean pee up off of the floor. So we've been doing that for a week and its going really well. He still has accidents and we still need to remind him to go potty but slowly he is starting to just go and sit on his potty when he needs to. Just this morning I asked himand he told me no. Then about 15 minutes later he went sat down on his potty by himself. I am ecstatic! Maybe it really is sticking in his little brain! My goal is for him to be daytime potty trained (minus nap time-not ready to tackle that one yet) by the time he is 2. We have just under two weeks until then and I think he'll get it. He is really good at holding it and has not had any accidents when we've been out. Even when we went to my great grandpas house on Saturday which is about 45 minutes away he didnt have an accident! We were pretty excited for that. We're so proud of how well he is doing, especially since he is still on the younger side for potty training.
Other than that we really haven't been up to much. We are loving Heber! The kids and I love to go for walks up here. It is so beautiful! It seems so much quieter than Orem. Our ward is super nice too! People are genuinely nice and welcoming. Such a different experience from the last time we went to a family ward in Utah (we went when we were first married and absolutely HATED it). So far its been a great experience. Jackson even stayed in nursery the whole time yesterday. We aren't sure if he liked it but they didn't have to come get us so it must not have been too bad.
Well thats it for now. No pictures right Andrew just put them all on the external hard drive and we all know how good I am at getting pictures off of there). But I will say that Jackson just went potty again, by himself, without prompting! YES!
4 comments:
I can't help it that Madison just trained herself at 18 months and then she trained Hannah by the time she was 2....I just have a pro-potty trainer. I hope she remembers how she did it so she can teach Bells and Abigale...I for sure don't want to be the one to do it! Good job though...how exciting....only 1 in diapers!
I guess its really not your fault. Hopefully she does. Although you'd have to do it during the summer otherwise Madison will be at school and unable to.
Gee...thanks Christina for pointing that one out...maybe she'll do it before her 2nd birthday that summer....I will got crazy doing two kids in diaper by myself!
Haha, just giving you a dose of reality lol. I thought I would go crazy with 2 kids in diapers but it wasn't that bad actually- newborn diapers are easy! Sure some days I felt like all I did was change diapers but it wasnt as bad as expected.
Post a Comment