Kenadi Paige Muffler was born today January 22, 2010 at 5:01 PM. She was 19 inches long, and 7lbs 1 ounce. So just about an hour after they broke her water, Kenadi came on out. Christina started pushing at about 4:45 and did great. At about 4:50, and the sight of Kenadi's hairy head, I started feeling a little light headed and so I told the doctors and nurses about my feeling light headed and that I was going to go have a seat. I felt bad stealing some attention, but they kept saying, "you look very pale, are you alright?" But I survived...anyways back to the baby...
When Kenadi came out the Doctor said she had the ambilical cord wrapped around her neck and shoulder, which was causing a few dips in her heart beat while christina was having contractions, but the doctor said everything should still be fine. They tried getting her to start crying but were constantly unsuccessful. She would make very quiet noises, kinda like a baby cat (I wouldnt know what a baby cat sounds like but thats how christina described it). Then they called in the neonatal intensive care unit(NICU) doctors to come and see if they could suck out the mucus and get her to cry, but they couldnt, so then they wisked her away to the nicu. After checking on Christina who was doing marvelouly great, I went and followed Kenadi and all of the doctors. They hooked her up to a ton of different machines, and had of ton of nurses and doctors surrounding her.
The Neonatologist eventually came and he kind of ran the show. He ended up doing a lot fo tests. he could hear her heart on the right side of her chest but not so good on the left. SO he figured something was wrong internally. He got the x-ray machine out. They figured out that her diaphram wasnt fully developed, and so her intestines moved up into her upper chest, causing the lungs to have trouble forming. and squishing other important organs like her heart. Then they decided to life-flight her to Primary Childrens Hospital. There they can perform a surgery or whatever else they need to help her. Constantly I had nurses doctors and everybody else coming up explaining what was going on, they did great at helping me through it. Then the neonatologist came up to me and explained some more about what he found. Now I was on the verge of tears most of the time in the NICU, but as soon as he said she had to be life flighted to Primary childrens, I broke down. After calming down a little bit, I followed christinas obgyn back to the labor and delivery room, to explain to christina what was happening. She explained it very well, and appeared to be on the verge of tears herself. It appeared she left quickly so that she wouldnt break down in front of us.
Right before we Kenadi was lifted onto the stretcher and incubator to go on the helicopter, Christina and I got to go in and see her. Boy is she beautiful! Christina held Kenadi's hand and foot for most of the time we were in there. I was able to give her a blessing of health before she left. Then they loaded her up on the stretcher, and off they went. I did follow her out to the helicopter, and at first we got all the way out there, and there was no piolot, and come to find out somebody was planning on being lifeflighted also, so we had to wait for the next helicopter. But then it came and she went.
More updates will come as we find out more about her condition. Please keep her in your prayers, we need all the prayers we can get!
15 comments:
Kenadi and you two of our course in our prayers. I wish I could do more and be of more help. Times like this I wish I didn't live in the UK so I could try and be of some help. We love you guys so much.
Hey you guys Congrats on the little one. We're so sorry that shes having such a rough introduction to the world. We will definitely keep you guys in our prayers. Good luck. Let us know if there is anything we can do.
we're definitely praying for all of you.
We will definitely keep Kenadi in our prayers. Hope she can come home healthy soon.
First off- congratulations on your baby girl- I can't believe you have two kids! We're praying that Kenadi gets better soon and is able to come home quickly.
I'm so sorry to hear about Kenadi! How heartbreaking that must be for both of you. I hope everything goes well for her.
Congrats! She is beautiful and we have the whole Zimmer family keeping you all in our prayers! We love you guys!
Congratulations on the beautiful baby girl, she will be in our prayers.
Congrats on the beautiful baby! You guys will be in our prayers, let me know if you need anything (food, babysitter, anything). I hope she comes home healthy soon!
Oh my! This is rough news. i will say though that PCMC is an AMAZING hospital having taken Ty there and HD's Daughter Baylee being there. We'll be praying for your family and especially little Kenadi.
We are praying for you all! Love The Bryans
Andrew and Christina- I just heard about your sweet baby girl from Emily. We are so sad to hear about it! She has the same condition that our William had when he was born. We are so grateful for the very talented doctors and nurses at Primary's. We know that they will take such good care of your baby. Please let us know if we can help in any way. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Kenadi will definitely be in our prayers. I wish I was still in Utah. I know how hard it can be to be to have a baby in the hospital and a little one at home to take care of. Good luck. I love you!
This is Miriam, by the way...not Matt :)
Congratulations!!! I just want you to know that all of you are in my thoughts and prayers. She is at the best place possible with the best people possible to take care of her. Just remember to breathe. Love you guys. :)
Post a Comment