Monday, February 1, 2010

A moment to brag

I have to take a moment to brag about Andrew. This past week he had his first evaluation. Basically the principal comes in and watches him teach. Well, since Andrew's classroom is very different then the average classroom the principal just talked with him and asked him questions about what goes on in the classroom. That day, Andrew was telling me about it and told me that it went very well. Well, he had the follow up to the evaluation on Friday where the principal goes over his scores with him and makes comments. Andrew scored the highest he could on everything! The principal told Andrew that it would be extremely difficult for him to replace Andrew and that he really hopes he is planning on coming back for next year. He kept telling Andrew how he wished he could pay him $300,000 for the job he does because there are probably only 1% of people in the world who would be able to do the job that Andrew does! I knew Andrew did great and I knew that the district special ed supervisor loved him, but it is also good to know that the principal of the school where he works loves him and wants him back. Gotta love job security! Way to go Andrew! (I guess I should mention that Andrew is a teacher for autistic children. They are all severe autistic and can not even speak).

3 comments:

Andi Fitz said...

Wow! Way to go Andrew! That is awesome! Tell him congrats for us! We are proud of our home teacher!

Mrs. Dan Brown said...

Andrew is seriously one amazing and patient guy! Way to go!

Rick and Pierette Muffler said...

good job Andrew and good job Christina on letting us know!