Sunday, February 28, 2010

We will have to wait even one more day!

So today the surgeon came in to look at Kenadi. She found some swelling which she said would cause problems for the stitches from the surgery, but she is draining a lot of the fluid she had built up before the last surgery. So it looks like she will end up having surgery on Tuesday morning instead of monday afternoon. Bummer deal. But the surgeon said that because she is progressing so much in her breathing capability it will be better to wait longer for the surgery, and with waiting the odds that the surgery will be successful dramatically increase. So that is some welcomed good news.
Today we had fun hanging out with Kenadi. She stayed awake for a lot of the time that we were there which made it so much fun. EvenEmily and dylan came up to see her and she stayed awake for some of that. Here are a couple of pictures from today and if I can get the videos to work I will post one of those also.

8 comments:

Mrs. Dan Brown said...

You have to un-private your video clip (please and I know un-private is not a word it's 4 am and I'm not in total functioning mode) Good news though...the whole progressing thing!

Rick and Pierette Muffler said...

lol .. it's 9:45 PM here, and I understood what you meant. I agree - Andrew and Christina - please "unprivate" our video clip! haha!

Andrew.Muffler said...

It is now unprivate

Rick and Pierette Muffler said...

Thank you! She is such a little cutie!

Mrs. Dan Brown said...

I have to agree with Andrew's parents...so cute!

Zimmer Mom and Pop said...

She looks like a little Chrissy! Good news, she's a little fighter and she's doing a great job!

Kay said...

Glad to hear and actually "see" she is doing better! Sorry we missed you at the Hospital last week!

It was fun to see one of the nurses who took care of Baylee. Nick is one of the best! Hopefully Kenadi has him for a few shifts! Like I said before she's in good hands and many prayers are going out on her behalf from around the world!

KaWheelers said...

Christina!! Congrats on baby Kenadi! I'm glad that everything is going a whole lot better!