
So we went and visited Kenadi today at Primary Childrens. Let me just say she is one pretty little girl! Anyways...This morning when my mom went to visit the nurses told my mom that they were thinking of taking her off of the medicine that was keeping her whole body still. By the time we got there she had been completely off of that medicine. She was taking breaths every once and a while all by herself, she also flinched when we tickeled her toes, and when the nurses came in and had to adjust the monitors, she was kicking all over. She is soooo ticklish, we found that she is the most ticklish on her feet and just below the ribs, its funny to watch. The nurses said before we came in she was able to open her right eye, but the sweeling was still too much to open her left eye. There was a little bit of bleeding in her brain, but the doctors adjusted the amount of blood thinners she was recieving and then gave her an ultrasound on her brain and things appeared to look not so bad. We will find out more about that later on. Tonight and tomorrow morning, the nurses will start moving her to be less and less dependant on the ECMO machine. This is vital to being able to perform the necessary opperation. A big step, and one of the more difficult steps. The doctors we talked to all appeared to have complete confidence that she will be able to perform the necessary steps right on track. We will see....thanks for everybody's prayers and support!
3 comments:
I'm so happy you were able to see her move. I bet that felt so nice and we're praying for her strength as well as you two.
We had a bet as to who it was that posted so quickly on this post....Christina said, "I bet its not Bobbie, cause she's sleeping." I said, "Oh I bet its Bobbie" Christina lost.
Of course it was me! I have a baby who is once again not sleeping through the whole night and I periodically wake up and check to see now. Good job Andrew.
Cute picture of Kenadi. I didn't see it the first time I checked the blog. I think the little pink bow is so cute!
Post a Comment