Well, Kenadi has had a great couple of past days. Saturday night, her nurse said that she thought that Kenadi needed to eat more than we had been giving her. She ate about 90 ml each feed for that nurse. Sunday morning during rounds they decided to change her morphine from .9 per kilo every 12 hours to .5. Well she did great with that change on Sunday. She even had the oxygen turned off for a bit on Sunday but then she kept dropping into the high 80s so it had to be put back on. Well on Monday during rounds they decided to switch her morphine to PRN (so just as needed). They also said on Monday that as long as she does fine without morphine and doesn't exhibit any withdrawal symptoms she could go home on Wednesday! how exciting. They also said that as long as her oxygen saturation stays above 85 that was great. Well, she has really never gone below 85 on room air so we were pretty sure that she would be fine. She had already been on room air that day and for the rest of the day she was fine with no oxygen. She continued to do great all night and did not exhibit any withdrawal. We were excited when the nurse told us that first thing this morning. Well, I went in this morning to see her as I always do and she was still doing awesome. She was on room air and satting about 98-100! So great! Also, she still wasnt exhibiting any withdrawal! YAY! Looks like she is coming home on Wednesday! I was so happy to hear all of that. Well, her team came around to do rounds and we were talking and Dr. Mitchell asks when her last does of versed and morphine was. One of the other people goes to the computer and says, well her last dose of versed was on March 20 (or something like that) and she got the morphine at 8:00 am yesterday morning. Dr Mitchell then says, "Well, I guess theres nothing else. We just may have to." Everyone looks at her and says, "You think so?" Dr Mitchell says, "Yes I think she'll need to make the trip today." I look at her and say, "You mean take her home today??! We thought she wasn't going to go home until tomorrow!" Then she says that she didnt mind if we wanted to leave her here for the night and take her home tomorrow. I told her that I would take her home today. I didnt mind. Well, since I hadn't planned on bringing her home today I hadn't brought her any clothes, no blankets, the base to her carseat wasn't installed...nothing! Luckily my inlaws Rick and Pierette are here and so I went out and called them and told them that she was coming home today! They brought up blankets and the carseat base so that we could take her home! Our nurse Rebecca had gone and grabbed her some brand new clothes that they had around. So nice of her! Kenadi then had to do her carseat test. Basically they put her in her carseat for about the amount of time that it takes to drive home and make sure that she can maintain her oxygen saturation. She was perfectly happy and then about 20 minutes later she decided she was hungry and started crying hysterically. So we took her out and let her eat for a bit. So then we started again and put her back in. Well, she had kind of a rough time again but managed to last another 30 minutes so Rebecca said taht we could call it good. Her sats never dropped below 95 even when crying and eating. We got her changed into her new clothes. I then had to go down and get her prescription for Prevacid. Well, then I found out that I couldnt really fill it there. So that was a waste of time. We finally got out at about 2:00 and were able to head time. Here are some pictures from the day

She was moved to a different crib space a couple of days ago. She was originally just to the right of this one.
Just hanging out
Doing the carseat trial
Getting ready to go
Waiting in the entrance of the hospital for Grandpa Rick to bring the car to the front
Coming out of the hospital with Rebecca our nurse (she had to carry the carseat out)
Jackson and Kenadi being introduced
Being a big helper and putting her binki back in
Andrew is wearing a mask because of course he has a cold!
Jackson checking her out again
We are so thankful for everyones prayers! We know that is why she has recovered so quickly! Everyone at the hospital is still amazed that she came home in a month! She is still in a very delicate state and even a small cold could be devastating for her. During her discharge they told us that she will have to stay away from public places, children and of course anyone sick for 4 months- so basically she is in isolation.
One more picture for the road. Grandma Pierette got Jackson some colored bath tablets. You drop these little balls into the bath while filling it up and it colors the water. I think its so cool!
13 comments:
Hooray!!! So happy for you!
I got a little teary eyed...such a little miracle. I'm glad she's where she's suppose to be now. The girls love those tablets too. Jackson and her look so cute!
I love the pictures! She is so pretty! I am happy she is home safe with you all :)
Yay!!!! Congratulations, we are so happy for all of you.
Horray!! That is so exciting!! I'm glad she is doing fantastic.
I am so happy she is home!!! she looks so good. let me know if there is anything i can do for you guys!
Wow!!! What a good surprise! She is so cute! She looks so healthy, much better without all the machines. Congratulations!
Hooray! So happy for your family! I'm glad Kenadi is finally home! She is a doll!
What a sweet miracle!
Yay Christina! Congrats. We'll continue to pray for Kenadi's health:)
so exiting to hear that she is home! in one of the pictures at the hospital she looked just like Jackson! you can tell they're siblings! good luck with her being home!
It's probably so nice to have her home! So glad she is on her way to healthy life!
Congrats! We are so glad that Kenadi is finally home! It is so fun to see Jackson checking out his new sister. When I'm feeling better, and when you're up to it, I'd love to do some pictures! Let us know if you need anything! We love you guys! Well, I guess there's just one thing left to say... Welcome home Baby Kenadi, Welcome home.
Post a Comment