Thursday, March 4, 2010
Off the ventilator!
So we went to visit Kenadi tonight. Christina stayed with her all day, and I went up after work. By the time I got there, she was off of the ventilator. Which is awesome because just a little after I got there, she started crying. Not like a full out baby cry, but just a small tiny cry. It was great cause that was the first time I ever heard her cry at all. When she was born she kinda squeaked but she has been on a ventilator ever since then which makes her not be able to make any noises. So it was fun. We almost got to hold her for the first time but it looks like we are going to have to wait one more day to be able to do that. The nurses were still just a little worried about her stitches and whatnot. Thats totally understandable. Here are some pictures with her just on her oxygen and no ventillator. Hopefully tomorrow there will be pictures of us holding her. So I am looking at these pictures,she looks bruised and not so good, but I think it was just the lighting, because when I was looking at her she did not look bruised. So ignore any weird bruises or dark eyes or anything like that. In person she looks really healthy even though she got her mom's pale skin. Oh but you can see her scar on her belly, and thats not because of the lighting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
She still looks super good. I can't believe she just had major surgery 3 days ago! Bummer you guys couldn't hold her last night but yay for tomorrow!
such good news! it is wonderful to see all the progress this week!
Dad
She does look good! She is recovering so nicely!!! Thanks for updating us all!
I am so glade she is doing so wonderful. I hope you are able to hold her in the next day or so. Please let me know if I can be any help you guys are great Parents. Good luck with the weeks ahead, we will continue praying for all of you.
That is awesome! I love seeing your hand with hers...
Yay! That's so great! I still remember how fun it is to hear them cry for the first time. It's just wonderful to see her making such good progress.
Post a Comment