Friday, March 5, 2010

One Big Day!

Today was a great day for Kenadi!! She got her catheter out, her aerterial line (the one in her foot actually came out early this morning and they put it back in in her hand but by the time we got there it was already not working, meaning they really couldnt use it to draw blood or get a blood pressure reading). They also took off two different sensors from her. They also started weaning her from the nitric gas (this is to help her pulmonary system), turned down the flow for her oxygen (she is on a high flow for it), lowered how much she gets of morphine and versed (this is like an anti anxiety drug) and she started feeding! She got 9 ccs of breastmilk through her feeding tube in her nose! Actually, they gave her 9 ccs more three hours later as well and as long as she continues to do well with it they will continue to feed her every three hours! Also, I got to hold her for the first time! I got to hold her for about an hour! It was great! And a couple of videos for your viewing pleasure. Some of them are kind of long. Oh, I forgot to add in some of the videos you hear classical music. Earlier this morning after the drs and everyone checked her over she was quite agitated so her nurse Rebecca got one of the music players for her and she loves it! She is definitely Jacks sister! She woke up so I turned it off and she looked at me like, "What are you doing? Seriously mom turn it back on." She was even kind of fussing. As soon as I turned it back on she was pleasant and happy again. She sure knows what she wants! (oh and if you didnt figure it out, this is Christina posting)




11 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is such a BIG day!!!!! I LOVE the pictures. I am sure it was so wonderful to be able to hold this precious little girl. I am so very happy for all of you!!! And you can really tell she belongs to you guys!!! She is adorable. I hope this amazing progress continues. What a blessing. :)

Stephanie said...

Yay!!! Congratulations! That is just so exciting that you get to hold her now! She is so cute!!

Rick and Pierette Muffler said...

wow! what a day! what a week!

Mrs. Dan Brown said...

She is amazing! I'm so happy you finally got to hold your baby girl! And yay for more tubes leaving!

Rick and Pierette Muffler said...

I love watching the videos! The part where she almost looks like she is smiling at 2:04 of the video labelled Kenadi 014 is the best! She is such a beautiful little girl!

Mrs. Dan Brown said...

I saw that too! She was so smiling...and probably thinking life is so grand, my mom held me, I'm eating mom's milk and I no longer have a tube down my throat! Oh...and I love mom's (our mom's) shirt ;) (I have the exact same one.)

Emily's profile said...

We were at the edge of our seats during the videos waiting to hear her voice - but no matter, we couldn't keep our eyes off her! She is adorable! Tell her her half-parents (wait, we never asked if this one was half ours - we just assumed) can't wait to hold her.

Zimmer Mom and Pop said...

I'm so glad you finally got to hold that little girl! She is doing so well...before you know it she will be home with the rest of the family!!!

Dave and Camille said...

Yay!!!!! I'm so glad you finally got to hold her, that must have been amazing!

Kelly said...

What a Wonderful Day! I'm so happy you were able to hold her. What a blessing.

Miriam said...

Wohoo! She's beautiful!