Kenadi is still doing great! The doctors moved her from her bed with the heater to a new crib (I promise to put pictures of it up tomorrow). They also changed her Morphine dosage from .1 going to her constantly to .5 every 3 hours (I dont know how much that ends up being but its a lot less). They have also lowered a lot of her lipids and gatorade stuff even more, and continue to increase the amount of nutrition she is recieving from Christina's milk. She is still having bowel movements so that si no longer a major concern.
Today the occupational and physical therapists came and evaluated Kenadi. they were looking to see if there is anything that she would need to work on developmentally in order to function normally. First off they were very suprised at how much advanced she was for only being 2 weeks old. She was able to calm herself down very quickly after getting upset by sucking on a binki and being talked to, which they said was more uncommon for such young babies. They did have concerns with her ability to suck on a bottle and they think it is a little behind where it should be but attribute it to still being on morphine. They also had concerns about her ability to lower her head and put her arms to her side. They said that both of these problems came because she was on so many machines with so many tubes and laying down for so long that she hasnt learned to move her body in these new movements. So they will be working with her for the next little while on all of these concerns to help her develop more normal.
Let me take a really quick second to say how blessed we are as a family. I know a lot of people have been praying and fasting for the health of our daughter. Those prayers have worked! Heavenly Father has listened to all of our prayers. Kenadi isnt home yet, but I she is pretty close to coming home. We are definitely on the backside of the trial. What a blessing that we are here in Utah close to such fantastic specialists and can receive the amazing care that we are recieving. Christina and I both know that we can't contribute all of the success to the book smarts of the doctors and nurses (even though they have been great), Miracles have been brought about because of everybodys faith and prayers. We are so grateful for everyones support. We are so blessed to have the friends and family that we do. Thank you.
PS sorry for the lack of pictures tonight, I will make sure to post some tomorrow.
3 comments:
She is so precious.... Can't wait to meet her... I am glad shes doing so well. we love you guys.we'll continue to pray. and kisses and hugs.
Great Aunt Jenny
I just can't believe how fast she is progressing! I am happy for you guys that you are on the way to bringing her home!
YEA!!!!!! Such wonderful news. I am so happy that she is making such good progress. :)
Post a Comment